Working as a reader on PsychicAccess.com, I get a lot of questions about Spiritual Awakening. Is it real, and how do you know if you are experiencing it yourself?
There are a few different lists of ascension symptoms floating around the Internet, so it is no easy task to know which is more accurate or reliable.
In my opinion Karen Bishop’s list is the best. She wrote that “we all experience our spiritual development in our own unique way. For some of us the changes occur slowly; for others a series of events can trigger sudden growth. We do not all share the same symptoms or changes”. I therefore can’t account for all of the symptoms, but I am going to share some of the experiences I’ve personally had as a psychic. I am not listing these things in any particular order, as I can’t remember what I noticed happening first.
We are demonstrations, you and I, of what is to come next: transcendence. Humanous luminous, a new breed of being ready to bless, heal, transform the very boundaries of time ~Paul Goldman
1. Feeling disoriented – I have no sense of direction. I find my way around the city, not by knowing which the north end is and which is the south, but because I have gotten lost so many times! Every time I left my house I got lost. I live right off the main street that divides the city. Everything is either North or South. If you are one block north, then the addresses will all be in a certain range, and vice versa. Simple enough. But, by the time I would realize I was going the wrong way, I would turn off, turn around and proceed in the opposite direction. Only to find out that I have continued on in still the wrong direction. I think my record was four times in a row!
2. Unusual aches and pains – I experience physical discomforts that for us women are often simply chalked up as ‘menstrual’. The pains are usually in the lower back and neck area. For me, it feels as though someone is pushing on my head so hard they are compressing my neck.
3. Disrupted sleep pattern – This one I’ve experienced a couple of different ways. I would wake up between 2 and 4am, or I would not be able to sleep for longer than two to three hours at a time without waking up. When my youngest turned six months, I was complaining that I hadn’t slept through the night in over two years, due to my children’s needs. But, shortly thereafter, I realized, that my baby finally slept through the night, but, that it was me who was still waking every few hours.
4. Seeing and hearing things – Several times while I am sleeping, I would be awakened by a man’s voice, loud, right in my ear. Sometimes saying my name or sometimes just saying something like: “Hey, you!” The first time, I flew out of bed and walked through the house, to make sure no one was inside. And, of course, let us not forget the shadow people that we all see out of the corner of our eyes.
Many of us, myself included, find ourselves stunned and confused by the degree of physical and emotional pain we experience in ascension, not understanding how or why it is a part of the process, nor how to regain our health so that we can keep going forward ~ Jelaila Starr
5. Loss of identity – I can’t count how many times I’ve said that when I look in the mirror I don’t recognize the person staring back at me. Every now and again, I get a glimpse of the old me. I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing.
6. Heightened sensitivities – When it’s too loud, you’re too old. That used to be my motto. Well, guess what? I have becoms so highly sensitive that the bass of the stereo, especially in small rooms or cars, literally hurts inside my ears. I can hear a buzzing noise from the TV that drives me crazy. I live in a good-sized, three-level house. I was sitting in the living room recently, on the main floor, getting my kids ready for a family outing. We were waiting for their father to finish getting ready in the upstairs bathroom, when I suddenly smelled toothpaste. I yelled up the stairs, I asked him if he was brushing his teeth. He came to the top of the stairs, toothbrush in hand and looked at me weird, as I told him I could smell it all the way down there.
7. Loss of appetite. Let me tell you, I love to eat! Being a full-blooded Sicilian, I have and love to make the old family recipes. But, starting over a year ago, I can smell chemicals in canned food, on my fresh fruits and vegetables and on most all of the meat from the grocery store. I can even smell them in my baby’s formula and on his breath after his feedings. Also, in his diapers. It turns my stomach. It has also, made me regret quitting breastfeeding.
8. Not wanting to do anything – or doing what you want to do and not what you have to do. I more often need a time of ‘rebooting’. A whole day will go by, sometimes two or three; before I notice I’ve gotten nothing accomplished, besides, the basics for survival. I have to force myself to do the things I used to love to do. Even shopping.
9. A wanting to return Home. During and after my near-death experience, I had the constant desire to ‘go home’. But, I find myself, often saying out loud, “I just want to go back home”. Those around me will look at me and say, “But you are home?” And I realize, I just said that out loud.
Many ancient traditions worldwide maintain that humans not only inherently possess the potential for fully incarnating light at the physiological level, but that some have already achieved it, and millions more will do so in the very era in which we live ~ Sol Luckman
10. A feeling that time is speeding up. I have asked several friends and relatives if they feel like time seems to be going by faster than it used to. The majority of them agree. I’ve heard that time seems to go by faster as you get older. But, this I believe is different.
11. Hot flashes – They begin at the crown of your head and sometimes they travel down your spine. It feels like a downloading of energy. This happens to me often. I’m not menopausal, as I have at least another 10-12 years to go before I even start thinking about that.
12. Sudden bursts of energy – Mine in particular are accompanied by intense dizziness and nausea. I’ll get this sudden desire and energy to paint the boys’ room, for example. A few minutes later, I am overcome with dizziness and nausea.
13. Exceptionally vivid dreams or lucid dreaming – My dreams are no longer dream-like; they are more like experiences and travels. Visits to far off places, visits to me, and visits to people I don’t even know, for observational purposes. I have dreams that I can fly at least once a week, as well as weekly visits from my deceased mother. Those are the best.
As I previously said, there is a complete list of symptoms by Karen Bishop, which also explains the reasons for these changes taking place in most of us. I have only listed a few things that have been happening to me; specifically the ones I felt were the most alarming, or out of character for me. And, possibly you have noticed some of these things and they are out of character for you also. So, rest assured, you are not going insane. Change is rough, especially when it is for the better.
| PsychicAccess.com.Dawn Star is a Master Tarot reader, relationship specialist, numerology and palm reading expert from Nebraska who rose to her full psychic potential after coming back from a near death experience. Powerful mentors on the other side gave her a crash course on her abilities, and then brought her back with a powerful mission to benefit mankind through her psychic talents. In her twenty year practice, she has solved murders, found missing children and watched traumatic events unfold, ahead of time. A seeker of Truth, Dawn Star’s stunning Truths can be made available to you with a reading at |
Leave a Reply