News and Views From The Psychic Access Community

The World Needs Highly Sensitive People

Click Here NOW for a FREE psychic reading at PsychicAccess.comYou’re being way too sensitive. Get over yourself. Don’t take everything so personally. Why are you being such a cry baby?

If you are a highly sensitive person (HSP) you have probably had others say such things to you at some point. But there is nothing wrong with you. According to renowned HSP researcher Dr. Elaine Aron, your sensitivity trait is perfectly normal. In fact, it is found in 15 to 20 percent of the population, which is way too many people for it to be a ‘disorder.’  However, it is still rare or exceptional enough to be misunderstood by most people around you, if they are part of the remaining 80 percent ‘non-sensitive’ population.

The highly sensitive person has increased sensitivity to physical, emotional, or social stimuli. It is also referred to by some experts as having sensory processing sensitivity. HSPs are more reactive, for example, to negativity, unpleasant emotion, or violence.

Because much of western culture is dominated by extroverted types, the more reflective, introspective HSP sometimes feel lost in the shuffle. They are the ones who need extra time to process things, who may sit by ourselves, or in like-minded pairs, at a large gathering.

HSPs seek to form deeper bonds and keep the peace instead of fighting. A noisy, chaotic, and rude world is often very overwhelming for them. It can be especially difficult for HSP men in a misogynist society, since many of the HSP traits are not celebrated as traditionally ‘masculine.’

The truth is that the world needs HSPs and their unique gifts. The HSP’s abilities to console, nurture, heal, and build relationships are invaluable for humanity. We all want a world where universal qualities like justice, empathy, and honesty are celebrated and practiced.

At work, they are the types who notice everything and attend to the smallest details, though they may often be overlooked for promotion. In family life, they are the ones who settle disagreements and find common ground. In the political world, they are diplomats and peace-keepers.

You were born to be among the advisors and thinkers, the spiritual and moral leaders for your society. There is every reason for pride ~ Elaine N. Aron

HSPs are not timid or weak. High sensitivity takes real courage and authenticity. Some of the world’s great historical figures, such as Mahatma Ghandi, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Princess Diana, used their empathy and kindness toward others to create deep and lasting changes for the better. The HSP is what blogger and author Glennon Doyle calls a ‘love warrior’ – someone who can fight important battles in a non-violent manner.

Despite their outwardly calm demeanor, the inner world of HSPs can be difficult. Many struggle with criticism and hyper-fixate on little details. Their self-talk may be self-deprecating and melancholy.

If you are an HSP, practicing self-care and centering are key to not becoming overwhelmed and ‘numb.’ If someone you love is highly sensitive, giving them time and space to recharge is the best way to show you care, and it might just help make the world a kinder place.


About The Author: Mystic Shelley

Mystic Shelley is a Psychic Medium. She has been reading for over 15 years helping and guiding people. She uses my 8 spirit Guides during her readings. She reads in the area of love, relationships, career, money and all matters of love. She will give you only honest and direct answers. Get a reading with Mystic Shelley now at PsychicAccess.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Our Sponsor

Blog Authors
Categories
Calendar Of Posts
January 2022
M T W T F S S
« Dec    
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
Blog Archives (11 Years)
Site Security
Ssl seal 1