When I first began to converse with Spirit, I didn’t really know what I was doing. I was receiving these messages and listening to them, but I never really put much thought into it. It wasn’t until I consciously acknowledged this conversation was happening, that the momentum really started to build. It was then that I realized my guides had been with me all along!
In my experience, the most important step you can take in opening a conversation with Spirit, is to acknowledge that this is your intent. Your angels and guides are always with you – but they need your permission to help you! Remember to ask them often to be near you and to help you and guide you.
When you need direction, ask them for a sign. Then be patient and watchful. Spirit communicates in many ways, sometimes using number sequences, or animals, maybe a song you hear over and over again wherever you go. These are just a few examples, but Spirit will try to get your attention any way it can and will typically use signs and symbols that will be meaningful to you specifically. It’s important to be open to receiving these messages, and not to dismiss any ‘coincidences’ you may encounter.
Those in the Spirit World want to talk to you—as much as you want to talk to them! They want to help us, gently guide us, and inspire us to be all that we can be here in the physical world. Sometimes we simply just have to ask ~ John Holland
Coincidence is an expression of synchronicity in the Universe. Once you start flowing with it and moving with the guidance of Spirit, you will likely start to experience many, many of these synchronicities. Your guides want you to be in flow because it is in this state that you are walking the path toward fulfilling your ultimate potential.
The following is a quick exercise you can do to open a conversation with Spirit.
1. Seated comfortably in a quiet place, take a few moments to center yourself. Focus on your breathing, the sensation of the air moving in and out of your body. Just be present in this moment. If thoughts come into your mind that’s okay. Let them come and go and return your focus to your breathing. Allow yourself to relax.
2. Once you feel ready, visualize your guides and spirits in your minds’ eye – whatever visualization of this feels natural to you. Do not force it, just surrender to whatever visual representation of your guides comes to you. You may see beings of light, an elderly person, or someone completely unremarkable, this is deeply personal.
3. Open your arms toward these guides and angels and ask them to be with you at all times. Ask them to guide you and protect you. Express your gratitude for their presence and their unconditional love.
4. At this point you may experience many different things, as each conversation with Spirit is personal and unique.
5. When you are ready to come back from the visualization, again ask your guides to remain with you. They will anyhow, but this reinforces your intent to communicate with them consciously. You may want to ask them to offer you signs throughout your day – reassurance of their presence and guidance along your path.
6. To bring your awareness back to your body, say your farewells and then return your focus to your breath. Taking long draws of air, three seconds to inhale and three seconds to exhale.
7. When you feel ready, open your eyes.
8. Whenever I complete a meditation or exercise like this, I always set the intention to carry that peaceful, calming energy into the rest of my day.
When you acknowledge and receive the signs and messages from the spirit world, you have just shared with them the joy and gratitude from your heart. Let the universe communicate with you by spending some time today in “receiving mode,” and let those messages come to you ~ Cheryl Murphy
As you begin to pay closer attention to the signs you are receiving from the Universe, or Spirit, you will find that this conversation can be exhilarating! Knowing that you are loved by these divine beings and cared for can offer profound comfort through life’s challenges.
The guidance you receive may send you on wonderful adventures that you might have otherwise missed, if it weren’t for the gentle prompting from your angels. One thing is certain – you will never know the depth and beauty of the connection you can make until you try.
| PsychicAccess.com.Seraphim’s natural Clairvoyant, Clairaudient, and Empathic abilities to receive messages and connect with Spirit first came to the fore in early childhood. Upon discovering her mom’s Tarot deck, not long after her death, Seraphim was led on a journey that helped her to explore her vast gifts. Seraphim continues to receive steady guidance and messages directly from her Spirit Guides and Angels, and has maintained a steady and successful private practice based in Edmonton. She remains very active in her spiritual community, and often is called upon to lead local events. Self-taught, she’s mastered Tarot Reading and a powerful technique called “Eye-Gazing” that allows her to convey precise information to the client. She works with “The Sacred Art of Creation”, leading empowered women’s circles that facilitate self-healing, manifestation and alignment. If you’d like a reading with a compassionate reader who can both hear and convey direct messages from Spirit Guides and Angels, you can find Seraphim at |
Leave a Reply