I remember a dating experience of a particular relationship that was extremely hard for me to let go of. We had been dating long-distance for over two years. My best friend at the time had set us up. It was a long-distance relationship, since I was in New York and he lived in Ontario, Canada. For me it was love at first sight. For him, he had just gotten out of a five-year relationship with someone whom he thought would be “the one”.
I remember during one break-up that I wanted him back so badly! I really thought he was “the one” too! It took some time, in fact the whole summer, before he came back to me. After that, it turned into a very tumultuous relationship. We went back and forth so many times within that two-year period, I lost count. It took me those two years and some odd months to decide to finally walk away.
Some things just couldn’t be protected from storms. Some things simply needed to be broken off…Once old things were broken off, amazingly beautiful things could grow in their place ~ Denise Hildreth Jones
I think once I was done I was done. It wasn’t until my best friend’s wedding a year later that he wanted to come back to me. After this particular time I had moved on. In fact, I had decided that there was no way I could ever go back to man who was so back-and-forth.
Many of my clients at Psychic Access, particularly women, have a rough time letting go. In fact, I make it abundantly clear to them that they must think this decision through and not use their hearts. I believe we as women have a rough time because we tend to feel things more than men do a first. I believe we need to go through the pain before we can make a decision to let go.
Here are some steps to ensure that you are making the right decision to take your ex back, or not:
1. Make sure you keep the communication open. Sometimes callers will asked me the question, “What are is intentions for me? What does he want?” My answer to that question is for you to ask him yourself. It doesn’t matter what the psychic says, what matters is that you have your own best interests at heart.
2. Don’t be afraid to ask the critical questions. If your ex wants to come back then ask him why at this time has he had a change of heart. There is nothing wrong with you asking hard questions. This involves your heart as well.
3. Think and evaluate why you broke up in the first place. Whether the breakup was two weeks ago or two years ago, it doesn’t matter. Time does heal all wounds, but you have to ask yourself what made you guys break up in the first place. Really think what you want out of this potential reconciliation. It doesn’t matter what he wants, it matters what you want.
You cannot disown what is yours. Flung out, there is always the return, the reckoning, the revenge, perhaps the reconciliation. There is always the return. And the wound will take you there ~ Jeanette Winterson
4. Ask yourself if you can trust him? If you broke up the first time because he was flirting or speaking with other women, can you really trust him now that he’s back? A leopard cannot change its spots.
5. He can make all the promises he wants to you, but what are his actions? How long do you want to negotiate this reconciliation? As the old saying goes: “actions do speak louder than words”. Also if your reconciliation is taking too long, is it really worth it?
6. Finally ask yourself do you really want him back? We all grow, evolve and change. Perhaps you are no longer the girl or woman that he dated way back when. Maybe you have outgrown him.
I know the heart wants what it wants, but sometimes it’s better to leave things in the past. In my work I’ve seen it both ways. Some couples get back together for the long run and others don’t.
The point is after my ex asked me to come back twice in a five-year period, I knew I no longer loved him like I used to. My feelings had changed and it was too late. So, really be smart when considering taking your ex back. Sometimes history is the predictor for the future.
| PsychicAccess.com.Amy’s two near death experiences (NDE’s) pushed her natal psychic abilities into overdrive and her story is featured in a famous psychic medium’s new book! She’s experienced a rich life full of more ups and downs than most encounter in a lifetime, which has only helped her connect to her clients on a deeper level. Tapping into her clairvoyant, clairaudient and Mediumship abilities, Amy is a prominent radio show host, has appeared on other radio shows, and is a popular Tarot reader at Psychic Fairs and parties. This native New Yorker is an experienced energy healer, a Reiki Master, and channels gentle Angelic energies through an Integrated Energy Therapy Technique. It’s an honor for Amy to help you in your time of need. If that time is now, you can find this gifted psychic at |
Leave a Reply