I decided to write a blog about psychic protection, because so many clients ask how to best shield themselves from negative influences. When I speak with people about psychic protection, I usually find that they generally either don’t understand its importance, or they need to better understand how we come under the influence of negative forces.
You may remember from my recent blog, entitled You Actually Have Two Bodies, that we each have an astral body that resides on the astral plane, which is located above the physical plane on which our physical bodies function. The two bodies interact with each other through electromagnetism – the positive and masculine energy of the Sun and the negative more receptive or feminine energy of the Moon.
The astral body is really the ‘soul’. It contains the sum total of a person’s experiences as well as the manner in which they have assimilated these experiences. Psychologists often refer to the ‘unconscious mind’. This is, in effect, the astral mind, which we can access through visualization, meditation, and hypnosis.
I am a spiritual being protected by angels, helped by guides, and infinitely loved and supported by the Universe ~ Chinese Proverb
Imagine for a moment a large iceberg. The part of the iceberg above the water is equivalent to the conscious mind. But the conscious or human mind can only focus on so much at any one time. The majority of our experiences, knowledge, and memories live ‘beneath the surface’ – that enormous part of the iceberg below the water. It is actually the soul or the astral body which is fed and molded by thought.
As we are all inter-connected in this incredible sea of consciousness (the mass mind or the quantum field) we come under the influence of others. We are psychically linked and can be affected by the states of mind of those with whom we associate ourselves.
The astral plane has many layers; the higher the layer, the more elevated the consciousness. Lower entities and negative influences reside on the lower levels of the astral plane and will not ascend further until they have evolved sufficiently to warrant their place. Remember that everything on the physical plane is replicated on the astral plan, but there are many entities on the astral plane that do not reside on the physical plane. But don’t be fooled – they do exist
The unconscious mind on the astral plane does come under the influence of negative energies and entities at times. You may have heard people speak of negative attachments and entities that can adversely affect our state of mind and well-being. This is why it is important to honor best practices and healthy rituals for psychic protection.
On life’s journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him ~ Gautama Buddha
Here is a list of some great practices that you should engage in to keep yourself psychically protected and healthy:
- Positive thoughts
- Angels – it is great to have a picture of an angel or to call upon the angels for love and protection. They do exist; they reside on the angelic realm in much greater proximity to the God head
- Incense and essential oils – I like white sage and protective oils
- Plants – any time you nurture a living thing you bolster your protection
- Positive spiritual work and development
- Holy water
- Religious icons – such as the holy cross
- Strong self-esteem and healthy boundaries with others
- Pets – they’re often our first line of psychic defense. You may have heard of poltergeist cases in which the family pet vomits. This is because animals detect and transmute energy on our behalf. Cats transmute energy and dogs are very protective
- Crystals and color therapy – make sure that you do your research; some crystals may magnetize discord for you if they resonate to a discordant planet or sign of the zodiac in your natal chart (which is a map of your astral body)
- Avoid substance abuse – avoid situations in which you are out of control due to the abuse of alcohol or drugs. Cannabis (Marijuana) is one of the worst drugs, because it can create holes in the aura
- Spiritual music – I love Gregorian chanting. Research music that includes the higher solfeggio frequencies.
- Being in nature and displaying flowers
- Positive spiritual and religious rituals
- Visualization – imagine yourself surrounded by a white or golden egg.
- Calling on spirit guides for protection.
- Nurture the physical body – some people take better care of their cars than they do of their bodies. If your physical body is healthy and strong, you are better protected psychically as well.
Remember that kids also need psychic protection. If you have children that are sensitive, teach them the importance of personal psychic protection.
I would also advise you to check your own psychic profile. If you have one or both of the malefic planets (Mars is the minor malefic and Saturn is the major malefic) in one of the psychic houses in your natal chart (4th, 8th, and 12th), you are more vulnerable to negative influences. Particularly, if you have Saturn in the 8th or 12th house. Be sure to bolster your psychic protection.
| Born a medium, Steve is a member of the Spiritualist’s National Union and a certified Angel Therapy Practitioner®. He has given public and private readings since childhood and has studied mediumship all of his life. Steve has amazed clients around the world with the accuracy of his mediumship and psychic ability. His private readings provide inspiring evidence from the spirit world combined with empowering spiritual guidance. One of Steve’s greatest passions is helping people understand their personalities, life purposes, and greatest natural talents in order to define their dreams and create the future. Steve believes that we each have a unique life purpose combined with an innate set of talents and opportunities to make the world a better place. He is an avid believer in the law of attraction, the power of the subconscious mind and our ability to create whatever we choose.|
Get a reading from Steve at PsychicAccess.com
One Response to “The Importance Of Psychic Protection”
Leave a Reply